Social Media is no longer a fad or an optional tool. It has become an integral part of any marketing and business growth strategy.
It is not only a tool by itself, but it is also a great supporting tool for other channels: organic search (SEO), email marketing, blogging, even online and offline events.
And it seems that Social Media is especially relevant for smaller businesses. In fact, for some businesses, Facebook , Twitter, LinkedIn and other Social Networks account for almost half of the traffic that is referred to their sites.
In addition, many studies show that social media interactions have a direct impact on consumer-buying choices.
Why do you really need Social Media and what are the benefits you’ll get?
First, the obvious ones:
- It is an additional way to connect, communicate and engage with your clients
- It is also an additional channel to promote your product, service, brand, business
But besides those obvious reasons, there are a few more, just as powerful and valuable:
- It helps with SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Helps with branding outside of social networks: the more search results people see for your business, the more outreach, better sense of legitimacy, and bigger presence you’ll have
- Helps you distribute your content exponentially and reach people you wouldn’t have otherwise
- Study after study, results show that people trust more and are more likely to buy from a business or brand that’s been reviewed or recommended by a friend
- Gives you greater visibility to other potential business relationships. Let’s say your customers aren’t online. But your distributors, potential wholesale buyers, the media and even potential partners who might be interested in your business are. So being in social networks will give you the visibility you need for them to find you
What do we mean when we talk about Social Media or Social Networks?
- YouTube, Vimeo